If you’re on Wakelet premium plan, you’re either charged monthly or annually for your plan. If you received a double charge in your bill before or after your billing date, here are things to check.
You may have more than one Wakelet account
If you’ve logged into Wakelet and Pro features are suddenly unavailable for you, you might’ve logged into a wrong account.
This usually happens if you’ve signed up using different email addresses (e.g. personal vs. work emails) or through social media (e.g. Google, Facebook, Apple, etc.).
Aside from the features, check for your collections. If these are missing too, chances are you're on the wrong account.
If you think you may have other Wakelet accounts:
- Find your most recent invoice from Wakelet and check the email address matches the account, although you might have a different email set up between our payment provider (Stripe) and your Wakelet account if you've paid through Stripe before.
- Try logging in into your accounts one by one. To check if the account is subscribed to any of the Wakelet plans, look for the Wakelet plan label by clicking on your profile settings.
After finding the account being charged, you can do the following:
- Cancel the ongoing plan
- Remove the stored payment method
- Delete the account (if you don't want to keep it)
If you can’t remember your login details for your other accounts, you can reset your password from the login page. If you’re unable to find the account being charged, please contact our Support Team.
Check if a failed payment pushed through after several attempts
Wakelet plans automatically renew. This means that on every billing date, we try to charge the subscription fee to your account’s registered payment method. If it fails, we try to charge you again several times within 16 days from the original billing date.
It might be possible that after several attempts, the charge has successfully pushed through. This might be seen as being billed twice, especially if the period between the successful charge and your next billing date is close.
If you’ve checked all of the above and you think there is a mistake with the charge you received, please contact the Support Team.
If you received a charge but you can’t locate the Wakelet account connected to it, reach out to us for help. Please be as detailed as possible in your request.
To help us find your account please include the following:
- Invoice number or the actual invoice you received
- Charged amount and date
- Email addresses you may have used to sign up