Yes! Wakelet is free and always will be. All of the features available now will remain free forever, even if we introduce premium plans in the future.
What can we help you with?
*deep breath*... you can add links, notes, images, YouTube videos, Tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram posts, links to Google or Dropbox Documents, Soundcloud tracks, Spotify playlists, Google Maps, Vimeo videos, Dailymotion videos, Slideshare slideshows, GIFs and more! Phew!
This collection will show you all of this in action, and see here for how to add content.
A collection is a groups of items, such as links, notes and images that you’ve put together or nicely organised to tell a story.
We call these ‘wakes’. As it’s a new term, we’ve referred to them on the site as collections or stories as it’s more familiar to new users. We may change it in the future!
When you sign up for a Wakelet account you can create as many wakes as you like.
Your username is what comes after the '@' symbol in your profile link, e.g. wakelet.com/@phil.
To change your username:
- Go to wakelet.com/home and click View Public Profile on the left.
- On the page that opens, click Edit Profile.
- Type in a new name after the @ symbol.
- Click Save.
And that's it! The Edit Profile options also let you change your profile picture, header picture, displayed name, bio and social links.
You can add up to four links underneath your Wakelet bio.
To add or change these links:
- Go to your profile page.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Click the + button at the bottom.
- Enter your links in the box that appears.
- Click Save.
Your links will then appear. If they're on common social media sites, Wakelet will display the icon of that site. See this video for more:
Log in, open wakelet.com/home, then click 'Create a Collection / Story'.
You'll need to give your collection a title before you can save it, then everything else is up to you. You can add as many items as you want, change the layout, customise the cover and background images and share it with whoever you like.
See this video for more:
How do I connect my Twitter account?
- Open up a collection
- Click the Twitter icon in the middle of the screen
- Click Connect with Twitter.
How do I import from Twitter?
Once you've connected your account you can search in the box to find tweets, click each of them to select or deselect them, and click Add to put them in your collection. You can also check Add in Reverse to add the last-selected tweet to the top.
See here for more:
How do I disconnect my Twitter account?
If you no longer need to use our Twitter import feature, you can disconnect your account by going to https://twitter.com/settings/applications, finding Wakelet and clicking Revoke Access.
Save your collection as 'unlisted' or public' then click embed underneath your collection's title. You can select a layout and then just copy and paste the code into any HTML page.
See here for more:
Inviting a contributor means they'll be able to view your collection, add to it and edit any of their items, as well as the order of all of the items.
To invite a contributor
- Open your collection (it has to already have been saved)
- Click the arrow at the bottom of the page.
- Select 'Manage Contributors'.
- A popup will appear. On the left you'll see people you follow on Wakelet, and you can click 'Add' to send them an invite. You can also type an email address. Once you have, click on it to send the invite.
- Direct the contributor to go to their email inbox and look for an invite email. They'll need to click 'Accept' on this before they can access your collection.
To accept an invite and open the collection
- Find the invite email in your inbox and click Accept.
- Wakelet will open and you will be asked to log in if you aren't already.
- On your homepage, click Group Collections / Stories.
You can open those collections and add to them like any other, but you won't be able to delete the collection or edit items added by other contributors or the owner.