To allow teachers to import their Microsoft Teams classes into Wakelet, they will need to have their IT administrator approve Wakelet as an app, to do this.
Before you can before these steps, you need to be a global Office 365 administrator:
1. Head to office.com and sign in.
2. Click on the Admin icon on the left-hand side bar.
3. On the left hand menu, click Show all.
4. Scroll down and find Teams app.
5. You should be directed to the admin.teams.microsoft.com
6. On the left-hand menu click on Team apps > Permission policy
7. Click on Allow apps under the Microsoft apps title.
8. Now search for Wakelet and click Add.
That's it, teachers can start import their students, now follow the next steps on how to import students!
Once the IT admin added Wakelet to the Teams approved apps, teachers can start to import their classes:
- Head to Microsoft Teams
- Select the "Join or create team" button located in the top-right corner.
- Click on the "Create a team" button and select "Class" as the type of team. If you do not see "Class" as an option, it means your IT administrator is not subscribed to Microsoft Education. You cannot use any other type of team to import your class to Wakelet, you must use "Class" as a team type.
- Label your class and add a description if you wish and hit "Next".
- Add your students and teachers to your class.
- Now head back to Wakelet, select "Classrooms" located on the navigation bar.
- Click on the "Create classroom" button.
- Select the "Microsoft" button to add the class you created in Teams.
- Click on the drop-down menu and find the class, toggle Permissions for students and hit "Create".
That's it, you have now created your first class using Microsoft Teams and are ready to collaborate with your students. Alternatively, you can watch our quick video tutorial to learn more: